In-dash brake light comes on intermittently

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crazyro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Ever since I bought the truck (2006 1500 Mega Cab), the brake light indicator has been coming on and off at random times. I thought it was brakes - I replaced all pads today (they still had a good bit of life in them). I checked the brake fluid level - all good. Tonight, while out for a drive, the darn thing came back on. I've searched and can't find any definitive answer. Do you guys have any ideas? TIA.

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Could be the fluid level sensor. I had issues with that and had to get a new reservoir with the sensor in it. It would randomly come on and off and sometimes it was like rapid fire on off, very annoying.

OP
OP
Crazyro

Crazyro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Could be the fluid level sensor. I had issues with that and had to get a new reservoir with the sensor in it. It would randomly come on and off and sometimes it was like rapid fire on off, very annoying.

That sounds like a very good possibility. Thank you. Will look into it.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My sensor is shot too. The brake and ABS lights come on randomly. Just didn't want to spend the cheddar on a new reservoir lol.

OP
OP
Crazyro

Crazyro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I tried playing with the plug today. Pulled it out, cleaned it out, hoping for the best. Sure enough, tonight, the darn light came back on. I'll just deal with it being annoying for now and will get the reservoir replaced at some point. Thanks guys.

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I tried playing with the plug today. Pulled it out, cleaned it out, hoping for the best. Sure enough, tonight, the darn light came back on. I'll just deal with it being annoying for now and will get the reservoir replaced at some point. Thanks guys.

Yea I tried that first to with no luck so I just ordered a new one cause it drove me nuts. I think it was like $40.