02 ram, acts like key in ignition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02dodgeram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
my 2002 dodge ram, for some reason today is acting like the key is still in the ignition, the chime starts going off as soon as i open the door, i tried unhooking the battery for about 5 minutes, didnt change, it still starts and runs fine, just wondering if anyone else had this problem, it will keep beeping perodically, like when you use the fob to lock the doors, any help much appreciated

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Welcome to RF.

Hmm... not really sure what's goin on, but I have this DIY on here on how to delete the chime when your door is open

http://www.ramforum.com/f76/diy-key-accessory-chime-delete-5237/

This may help, if the wires are the same for you. Double check before you cut anything.
Hopefully someone will chime in soon with any other help.

OP
OP

02dodgeram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
its strange, like i said its setting off the actual horn like if you locked the doors with the key fob when the doors are shut, it seems to beep randomly, sometimes it will go 20 minutes, other times every couple minutes, dont want to cut wires yet, could prolly turn off the horn feature on the lock, but it still chimes when i open the door, the fast chime like the key is in

nim81

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Mine will do the chime like I left the Ken in it even with no key in the ignition, I've found if I turn the key backwards to acc the take the key out it will not do this.

Sent from iPhone-taptalk

nussdawg395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
You can always replace your ignition. Not real hard and only about $50.