02 Ram Transmission dipstick

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zonder

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
5.9 Liter/360 cubic inch
Hello all, new guy here. I realize that this has probably already been discussed; but, I am missing my automatic transmission dipstick out of my 2002 Ram 1500 with a 5.9 Liter. I have called everywhere and have found out that it is discontinued. The mopar part # is 53032461AB and I guess there no replacement? I appreciate any suggestions you have thank you.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
First off, I certainly hope you have some sort of cover over that tube. If not, you're getting a ton of crap in it that definitely will harm the transmission.

I'm not entirely sure if the tube/dipstick is the same for a 3rd gen as it is with a 2nd gen, but we share the same transmission. So you might start looking at junkyards.

OP
OP
Zonder

Zonder

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
5.9 Liter/360 cubic inch
Thanx for the reply DodgeDude, yes I do have it covered. I have discovered on my searching that this particular truck came with an extra long dipstick that is discontinued. I talked with a transmission guy and he looked at it and was surprised by the length of it. He said it was longer then his diesel. So where I am at is just purchasing a new tube and indicator from another model with the same transmission. The one out of my old 2000 Dodge Ram would have probably worked if the insurance company would not have taken it away. (T-Boned by a drunk driver) So that's what I am going to do as soon as I can.

chedched

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Can you PM your VIN? There is one dealer with that part number in stock but they are more than 2,000 miles away. I'm assuming Columbia or the like...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atomota