03 dodge ram left me stranded

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nfantbabyjesus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L magnum
truck is a 03 1500 with a 5.9L magnum. 204K miles. was driving one morning and was sitting at a stop light and the truck started to idle rough then died, and now it wont start at all.

i put $50 of gas in in about 15 minutes prior to it dying, im not thinking that's the issue though because i imagine it would have started up on starting fluid if it was bad gas.

tried starting fluid but no change in results.

engine light was on, but only for a TPS, i wouldn't imagine that would keep the truck from starting.

checked the timing, cylinder TDC, distibuter mark lines up.

checked compression, and every cylinder is around 130's with none of them far off of the others.

checked for spark and it has spark.

changed the spark plugs and crankshaft position sensor and no change.

Pull the injector connectors and sprayed fuel directly in intake, still didn't work so it's Def. Not fuel.

replaced the TPS (because i did have a code), still didn't work.

Put a lighted ignition spark tester between the coil and cap and had a very bright flash blink. Put it between spark plug and plug wire and had a VERY FAINT slow blink.....?

tested fuel pressure and i have 53psi while cranking.

im needing to get the running asap, as my jeep doesn't have a/c, and it is getting to hot outside for the baby.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
We don't see many Magnums in the 03 model Rams. Are you flooded. My first thought was you had a failed fuel pump but seem to have fuel covered. If you have spark, then it should at least fire. But from what I understand you saying it doesn't fire at all? Your cylinder pressure is low at 130psi. Is the valve train operating as it should? I'd check timing.