03 Ram 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJ44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Need a little guidance for my 03 Ram 1500 4WD, 5.9L V8 Laramie edition. Replaced my serpentine belt because of bad squealing and it didn't help much. The other day while I was heating up the engine, the belt fell off. It was about 5 degrees outside so I decided to wait for the weather to improve and then a blizzard hit. Today I put the belt back on and tried to jump it bc it was dead. Didn't turn start, belt came off the tracks, and now there is a BUNCH of oil leaking all over the place. Suggestions?

korby05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Need a little guidance for my 03 Ram 1500 4WD, 5.9L V8 Laramie edition. Replaced my serpentine belt because of bad squealing and it didn't help much. The other day while I was heating up the engine, the belt fell off. It was about 5 degrees outside so I decided to wait for the weather to improve and then a blizzard hit. Today I put the belt back on and tried to jump it bc it was dead. Didn't turn start, belt came off the tracks, and now there is a BUNCH of oil leaking all over the place. Suggestions?
Where is there oil leaking from?
Here is what I was thinking before you said you found oil. I thought that maybe the tensioner pulley is bad and is your problem but with oil dripping it could be a couple things.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk