04 4x4 or 1st gen cummins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NBraun

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey everybody, in a bit of a situation.

Right now a drive a slightly modded grand prix and my father drives an 04 Ram 1500. I go off to college next year, which just happens to be in my hometown, and my dad will end up commuting a bunch for work. I want a truck and he wants a car so we could just trade.

The only problem is, the ram has a 4.7 with about 260,000 miles on it, and it just so happens to knock too. Just from wear is what my shop teacher told me. If i were to get the truck i would probably have to swap the engine. Plus on top of that i want to put a leveling kit, and some other things too it.

On the other hand, for about the price of the engine and everything else, i could by a first gen cummins, and have that as a decent truck.

Im just afraid that the cummins is going to be overkill, as we only tow a duck boat and a car trailor and it'll be 20 year old tech.

Im really not sure what i want to do here. Any thoughts on why i should go either way? I think either way you can make the trucks pretty cool, just depends on which way to go.

Thanks!

atticusfaul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
04...hemi swap?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Better off buying it with the 5.7 already in it unless you are good with changing stuff over and problem solving.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45