05 5.7l P0888 code question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thundervee

Reaction score
Ram Year
98, 05
Engine
5.9 Gas 5.7 hemi
I posted this in the tech forum but maybe it should have gone here?

Trans is in limp mode, I swapped relays and still got the code, I replaced the PCM and no change.. I've checked the harness and didn't find any jacked up wires, This happened all at once when the truck was parked overnight, do any of y'all know if that code could be set from a solenoid pack even though I'm not getting a code for the pack? Hopefully one of y'all can line me out.

Thanks fella's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Thundervee

Thundervee

Reaction score
Ram Year
98, 05
Engine
5.9 Gas 5.7 hemi
****Update****

After further checking, I had no ground in the transmission control relay socket. I checked what I thought was the ground going to the fusebox connector for the relay and it had a ground, well after further checking there was another ground in the same plug. The diagnostic notes for this problem says to check z915 and repair as necessary for an open.

I got the wiring diagram and there is no z915 listed. However there was a z912 listed so I went on ram bodybuilder website and found the ground points and checked the wire z912. It doesn't appear to have anything wrong with it, I skinned a portion of it and spliced in a ground wire to if that would cause me to have a ground at my trans relay socket and it did.

I put it all back together and went for a test drive and trans is shifting like normal now.

I just thought I'd post this up in case someone else down the road has a similar issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk