05 Ram 1500 Fuel Pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowhunter424

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
hey guys- new here/first time posting. I have a 2005 Ram 1500 4.7L w/26g tank. I have changed my fuel pump 2x in last two months. both have been Delphi brand. The 1st one would read 3/4 full for about 10 min after filling it up and then would slowly read full. replaced that pump yesterday with another Delphi pump. when I installed the 2nd one, everything was fine when I tested it. put everything back together and start it up.. now I have P0463 (fuel level sensor circuit) and fuel gauge reading empty at all times. ran all of the wires, checked the instrument gauge/fuses etc and everything checks out good. looking at getting NAPA fuel pump since I have had no luck with Delphi. anyone have any good or bad info on NAPA fuel pumps?

RonJon '06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 1985
Engine
6.7, 360
I'm not sure about Napa but I put an Airtex fuel pump from AutoZone in my 2006 a few years ago and it has never acted right. After filling up the needle moves up very slowly and then only reads 7/8 full. Says it's empty with 6 gallons left in the tank.

Welcome to RF.

Ceri

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is purely anecdotal evidence, but I recently purchased an Airtex through RockAuto.com for about $100 (a little more with the new o-ring gasket and collar). I put it in my new 34 gallon tank and the combination has been working flawlessly. The overhead computer is off a little bit on DTE calculations due to the increased tank size, but the pump has been working perfect.

One thing to ask, just as a sanity check: You did cut the zip tie or rubber band they use to hold the filler sensor during shipping, right? If that was still attached it would impede the sensor from folding up/down all the way and give an incorrect reading. I would think it would read close to full at all times.