09-10 Suspension Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Truckin, just put that money into the motor or performance for now. Im sure at some point, someone will make a kit, that'll make a swap/conversion much easier. Just give it time.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Come on guys, all of this has been done before. It is serious modifications, but there is kits and support for anything and everything. A neat coil over rig would be totally cool.

Suspension Systems - Advanced Racing Systems

And grafting a 09-10 rear frame wouldn't be that hard, ask any of the bagger guys, they cut their frames all the time. "Z's" and build complete rear frames to lay them out. It is all about the $$$ and your vision of your truck.

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
Come on guys, all of this has been done before. It is serious modifications, but there is kits and support for anything and everything. A neat coil over rig would be totally cool.

Suspension Systems - Advanced Racing Systems

And grafting a 09-10 rear frame wouldn't be that hard, ask any of the bagger guys, they cut their frames all the time. "Z's" and build complete rear frames to lay them out. It is all about the $$$ and your vision of your truck.

Thats exactly what I am saying....backhalves on bagged trucks are everyday work....

OP
OP
T

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
I dont see it as being that hard of a swap to be honest, as long as you know where the mounts should be on the frame and on the axle as well as the angles and lengths it shouldn't be that difficult.

Trup - I am at a point where I like how the truck is performing, dumping more cash into the engine would be fun but getting it to handle right and brake right are two other big factors that I for want, going straight is nice but the ride quality also has to be there too. Plus, if I am correct, the coil over setup should be able to get more traction than the leaf spring setup and give it a much smoother ride.

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
especially if you can get some adjustable coil overs so you can adjust the ride for the conditions....

OP
OP
T

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Just looking online for a kit, they sell coilover conversions for lifted trucks but not for stock and lowered ones, also looked at a 5 link setup like the 09's and it looks like its the same way. Going to have to put some time looking around emailing and calling. I needed a new project :D

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
I thought they were 4 link?

EDIT: Nevermind...Call up Suicide Doors and ask for Rickey and see if he can offer you any advise...let him know what you are doing though....

onebadbee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
tryed it dont even wanna attack it not worth it

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
IMO, this would be a good candidate for a wrecked 09 truck. Wack off the rear frame section axle included and weld her in place. Maybe pull the springs and use bags. I think it would make for a neat setup.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
wow this will be a cool mod if you can pull it off .