2003 ST to SLT Cluster Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys,

*Milage tampering laws will be followed*

Short version:
Would a used Instrument Cluster from an SLT with Power Locks and RKE swap over into a ST with no options but with the hardware...? The pinouts on the wiring diagrams look to be the same between the base Instrument Cluster and the premium one, with the premium one having extra wires for the power lock functions. I can fab up some new wiring for it, but would not having some options, such as Sentry Key (I have the regular black key currently) of the SLT cause issues...?

Full story:
I started off with a base ST Quad Cab with pretty much no options and manual everything. I've been slowly adding on to it whenever i find something nice at the local junkyard as bit of a hobby. Recently I found a totalled Quad Cab SLT that still had most everything in it, so i took the power locks, power window regulators, power mirrors, and all of the associated door/body wiring harnesses (But the dash harness was trashed), the SLT door panels, and all the switches for about $300 out the door. I got all the bits and pieces swapped over into my truck but i found the drivers side master switch and passanger locks switches wouldnt work. Everything else runs fine. A little bit of research led me to find out the locks are multiplexed through the Instrument Cluster for the enhanced crash safety system, so i couldnt just hook them up to power because the switch isnt a regular switch. It sends signals through different resistors up to the Cluster to perform certain functions. So if i want to keep things factory, then ill need a new Cluster. But without the Sentry key security system and any other options, would a straight swap of clusters work...? I'm not at too much of a disadvantage as i have an aftermarket keyless entry module that i could use, but the locks wouldnt be functional from the door switches, so id like to have everything work as it should.

Ill go ahead now and apologize for the wall of text, and thank you all for your help!

~Jeff