2006 4.7 help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joshtex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was pulling into my drive way when I noticed my power steering was going out, AC was blowing hot air and the check gauges light come on. I got out of the truck and popped the hood and there was coolent everywhere and I couldn't tell where it was coming from. The belt looks like it's still in good condition. If anyone could help me figure this out it would be appreciated.

Core-Lokt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 ST
Engine
5.7L
My first guess is something has seized and and the belt is slipping. Seems like the fan isn't turning and the belt is slipping on the PS pump pulley.

Pull the serpentine belt and see if the inside shows signs of heat glazing from being in a bind. Manually turn all idlers/pulleys you can. Assuming nothing seems amiss, put the belt back on.

Get your radiator re-filled, purge the air from the cooling system and replace the cap. If you hadn't heard any noise/seen water leaking by now. wait till it gets to operating temperature so the thermostat opens.

Hopefully, someone else will have some ideas or you'll have noted something that will help pinpoint the problem. Good luck.