3' body lift or programmer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Catchin Zs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure if this is where I post this, move it if it's not. I have 35' Mickey Thompsons on a leveling kit on my 06 1500 and I tend to scrub when I turn hard and have almost no flex when I try to take the truck through the woods, it isn't a pleasant sound hearing the rubber hit the fender well. On the other hand, I drive 70-80% on the road and would like some get up and go power, harder shifts, as well as a few mpgs back. Not sure which way to go but I'm seriously leaning towards the Diablosport Intune instead of the body lift. Any suggestions?

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd suggest getting a Super Chips programmer. In fact, there are some for sale in our classifieds. And what leveling kit do you have? 35's should clear with no rubbing.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Tuner!!!!!! With the DSP you have the option of getting custom tuned and can dive into the motor when you want to also.

OP
OP
Catchin Zs

Catchin Zs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I already cut the fenders, and sittin on Bilstein 5100s maxed out and I usually only rub about 3/4 turn but that's only on a hill or when there's a bump in the road. I've got -24 offset rims though so they stick out about 2 or 3 inches.

OP
OP
Catchin Zs

Catchin Zs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I really want a suspension lift but course that's over a grand I don't have right now. Thinking about just getting the programmer then a lift when I can afford it. Tough choice..

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I say lift it

I agree....

Op you mention up to 80% on the pavement, that leaves 20% off road. How many miles do you rack up a month? If you doing one out of every five miles off road I would address the clearance issue before adding performance. At 1/5th of my average driving a month that would be 100 miles off road. A lot compared to the norm.