4.56 today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ralaubach

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram QC
Engine
hemi 5.7
Getting a LSD and 4.56 installed today. Not going to lie, giddy like a school girl.....

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had 35" tires on my jeep with 3.73's then went to 4.56's, made my jeep feel like a race car... You are going to have some fun smoking everything on the road...

I really had fun, I put 28" tires on with the 4.56 gears, oh boy that was a joy!

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Fun with that much mechanical advantage, ain't it lol? Now add a higher stall converter to go with it...

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice 2800 an some shorter tires in there, unless your lifted lol

OP
OP
R

ralaubach

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram QC
Engine
hemi 5.7
4 inch lift with 32'' tires (untill the Tread is done). Current mods:
ARH long tubes
Fast man TB
Vararam intake
Trinity with a soon to be finished custom hemi Fever tune.

I plan on doing towing as I just bought a travel trailer. That being said, a bit concerned about getting a higher stall in the converter. Any thoughts on this or am I just crazy having this concern?

Last edited:

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
4 inch lift with 32'' tires (untill the Tread is done). Current mods:
ARH long tubes
Fast man TB
Vararam intake
Trinity with a soon to be finished custom hemi Fever tune.

I plan on doing towing as I just bought a travel trailer. That being said, a bit concerned about getting a higher stall in the converter. Any thoughts on this or am I just crazy having this concern?

Because I haul and tow with mine, 2800 was what was recommended. Acts like stock til you punch it. If you do I recommend the 1 ton hemi trans cooler. Actually I recommend that anyway lol.

OP
OP
R

ralaubach

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram QC
Engine
hemi 5.7
Cooler is already in. Did you install your TC on your own or pay some one to do it. If so how much was it to get installed?

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Cooler is already in. Did you install your TC on your own or pay some one to do it. If so how much was it to get installed?

Did it myself, honestly the only reason I bothered was because I had to replace the trans anyway, so while it's apart lol...I do pretty much everything myself unless it's something I can't, like an alignment.