4.7 swap to 5.7hemi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FAWKER MYERS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
" OK... SO i HAVE A 02 DAKOTA 4X4 WiTH A 4.7 (OVER HEAD CAM)... FiRST i WAS GOiNG 2 REPLACE iT WiTH A 5.9 R/T... TOLD iT WOULD HAVE TO BE OUT OF A NEWER DURANGO 4X4 NOT OLDER THEN MiNE... N HAD TO TAKE MOTOR... TRANNY... N CPU... BUT NOW i WANT A 5.7HEMi... iS THiS POSSiBLE iF i TAKE iT OUT OF RAM 1500... N WHAT DO i TAKE FOR PARTS iF THiS iS POSSiBLE... THANKiNG ALL OF YOU iN ADVANCE... "

PdPuNOme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not possible. All wiring for entire truck including dash and all the way too tails has to be swapped from the 1500 and would not work in a dak. You can figure a way but good luck maybe best 5.7 hemi to target would be the 2003 only.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
DON'T YELL AT US!!!
It is possible and has been done. It is NOT easy and just grabbing things from the Ram to shove in the Dakota and **** it all works. That engine wasn't even made to sit where you're wanting to stick it. You literally have to marry two different sets of electronics together and hope it works because if they don't it won't even run. If you don't have the technical expertise to fab things and screw with electronics or the bottomless wallet to pay someone else to figure it out for you...then this is not something you want to tackle.