4 wheel drive braking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yoda

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Do you have 4 matched tires? Are you on dry pavement.
Any difference in tire circumference will cause your 4wd to bind up, especially on dry pavement.
Jack up your truck, put a string around the circumference of the tires. All should be within 1/4" of each other

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
hi , when i select 4hi , it feels like i am driving with my brakes on , wont coast .

It could be a lot of things like bad u joints, gear set issue in the front, nothing and it is normal. Drag certainly increases when you engage another axle. Was there a time when if didn't feel like this?

OP
OP
C

CallBob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8
It could be a lot of things like bad u joints, gear set issue in the front, nothing and it is normal. Drag certainly increases when you engage another axle. Was there a time when if didn't feel like this?

truck is new to me and this is 1st snowfall. Talked to my mechanic and was told that this is "normal" .. :) ... used it yesterday to pull plow truck out of a snowbank ...i guess it's ok .....:big_banana_Dance:

thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963