5.9/6.7 mpg? Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ckrumholt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ive read and read and read and read!!!!!!!

What is the MPG for a 06/07 5.9L 3500 Dually?
What is the MPG for a 08 6.7L 3500 Dually?

Im looking to purchase this week and ive found a 08 3500 Mega Cab Laramie Resistol Edition w/ 6.7 and im concerned with the MPG what will I get. After I get it I plan on doing a delete w/ 5" ex to help it breath...

There is also a 07 3500 Mega Laramie w/ 5.9 available does anyone know the MPG on that?

I only ask because ive see sooooo many different answers.

Thanks in advance from Louisiana!!!!

CK

slick86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 6.7
I have the 2010 2500 crew cab 4x4 6.7 and after the programmer and delete I get about 16 mpg on average in the city and 21 on the highway keeping it at 70 /75 and if I'm towing I average 16 that's with 411 gears and 305/75r17's , hope this helps

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Dang another Cajun. Not sure myself on the diesels but they are not real great in the mpg.

NewBlackDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Check out fuelly.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Check out fuelly.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats going to be your best bet. Mileage is going to be very similar between the two, that I wouldn't buy one over the other because of a reported .5mpg advantage. As you will see true hand calculated MPG will vary greatly. As an example I drive the same 456 mile trip monthly and I fill up before leaving. I always hand calculate my fuel economy and it varies from 13mpg to 16mpg to a best of about 18mpg. This is the same highways each time with speeds about the same and traffic similar (its open road, hilly and long flat stretches). My overhead (lie-o-meter) usually reads about 18-19mpg with the best lie of 24mpg so you cant trust that.

I don't know why but fuel economy seems to be one of the most over-exaggerated numbers with these trucks. It seems people either take the best highway mileage and claim they get that everyday daily driving in rush hour traffic or they add a tuner and believe the overhead for what it says.

OP
OP
C

ckrumholt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thanks for all the great information guys I wasn't really going to base my purchase of the miles per gallon however if the 5.9 was getting somewhere around 22 miles per gallon and the 6.7 was getting around 10 or 11 with that much difference you know I would question the purchase but I'm driving to Texas this weekend going to pick up my Resistol Edition 08 Laramie Mega Cab dually. thanks for all the friendly replies, the exact opposite of what I see on a few other board when someone ask such a simple question

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
thanks for all the great information guys I wasn't really going to base my purchase of the miles per gallon however if the 5.9 was getting somewhere around 22 miles per gallon and the 6.7 was getting around 10 or 11 with that much difference you know I would question the purchase but I'm driving to Texas this weekend going to pick up my Resistol Edition 08 Laramie Mega Cab dually. thanks for all the friendly replies, the exact opposite of what I see on a few other board when someone ask such a simple question

Gotcha, makes sense. You won't be disappointed with the 6.7 it's a great engine. Post up pics once you get back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morgansamuel