ABS Dash Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skeer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 Ram 1500 4x4 SLT
Engine
AirBag Dash Light

So yesterday while driving home from work I heard the chime noise and looking at my dash the Airbag light was on. I chalked it up to a one off but today it happened a number of times. 90% of them while on rough gravel roads. Logically there's a loose connector somewhere.. after googling I found out from others to look under the front seats and check the big connector at the base of teh dash on the hump/tunnel.

So the one connector under the drivers seat was tight. No connectors under teh passenger seats (seems I dont have the sensor that disables that airbag when teh seat is empty), and the big tunnel connector was all tight too.
Next I thought about checking the big impact sensor behind teh front bumper... wait, I dont have one.

On every single vehicle i've ever had with airbags there's always been a big yellow housing right on teh back side of teh front bumper... should I have one but its just missing?

Any advice for helping to find the loose culprit?

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The title says ABS Dash Light, but you talk about the Air Bag light? 2 different things.

Assuming that it is the airbag light, since that's the description: Is this a single cab pickup?

OP
OP
S

Skeer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 Ram 1500 4x4 SLT
Engine
The title says ABS Dash Light, but you talk about the Air Bag light? 2 different things.

Assuming that it is the airbag light, since that's the description: Is this a single cab pickup?

****.. my bad. For some reason typing I get them confused. I am talking about Airbag.. I'll fix the OP.

No Ive got an '02 (3rd gen body style) crew cab with 5.9.

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, then my experience won't help you. When my airbag light came on it was because the light bulb in the passenger airbag turnoff switch burnt out.

The Airbag computer is on the floor under the center of the dash/console.

My advice for airbag problems is to find a code reader that will read body codes and have it scanned. You can get into some pretty big money trying to troubleshoot air bag lights without one.

OP
OP
S

Skeer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 Ram 1500 4x4 SLT
Engine
Yeah.. I'm trying to find a wiring diagram for just the airbag circuit... maybe there's a ground that dirty or something.