ac mystery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtyernie52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
Ok I have a 2008 Dodge Ram mega cab with the 6.7L. I bought it new. I have put around 4 or 5 compressors in it first few were under warranty and the last two I had a local shop do it. A few days ago my air would blow cold then it would blow warm then cold again. I thought it was playing tricks with my mind at first.

I brought it to the local shop that put the last compressor in it bout two years ago and they started trouble shooting. They said the ac charge was good and the compressor was working. They changed the hi pressure switch and it didn't help. I spoke to the mechanic today and he said it must be possessed.

He stated that the compressor clutch is coming on then turning of really fast like it is getting an erratic signal. he thought it may be something related to the computer?? Please help before I bring it to the dealership.