Am I being too greedy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kozy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm trying to sell my truck on Craigslist and I've gotten tons of SUPER lowball offers on it. It's making me wonder if I'm asking too much? What do you thinK?

2003 Ram Quad Cab w/ Hemi
89K miles
6" Fabtech lift
20" Moto Metal wheels with Nitto rubber
Custom sound system
Rebuilt title (it was stolen a few years ago, and Arizona automatically brands the title as salvage when that happens. It's been certified and re-issued a rebuilt title since.)

Without going into lengthy detail, that should cover it. I'm asking $9k OBO and IMO that's not too bad. Am I asking for too much? Feedback is appreciated.

Attachments

• truck_2.jpg
    truck_2.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 106

DOAX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
What are the KBB prices for it?

just hang in there and hold on people will come around after they get there taxes back

Last edited:

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
With the salvage title you loose alot of the value, as not many banks will loan money to a vehicle with that on there.

rennaissanceman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's a good price, I got mine for a little more than that and it was a year newer and 12k less miles

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
From watching at auctions (salvage vehicles) the last 03 brought over $6k but needed a couple grand to fix, which is high in my book.

I think your price is right, is just finding someone with the funding for it.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just a ballpark feeling, you're asking about the right amount. Don't let people hack ya down.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I think its a pretty fair price, selling vehicles sucks sometimes but dont give in

[tapatalkin]

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is your truck 2wd or 4x4? If 4x4, you are asking about right, but expect to get $8k. 2wd I think you are at $6-6500. In my opinion anyway. If you did not have the R title, it would be worth about $2k more IMO

cwakefld

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought my 2003 QCSB Hemi a few months ago. It had right at 100k on the clock. Mine is 2wd. I paid $8100. It was very clean 20in flower petals etc.. I am happy with what I paid. But I'm not sure how that title issue will effect value.

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think that about right, like everyone else had said the salvage title hurts it. but i think you should get the same price, you just have to find the right person

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Craigslist, expect lowballers. :(

Wanderer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The price ain't bad and the mileage is low for the year. Must be the title since I'm guessing it is a rust free truck, something you do not se here on the east coast. If you're not in a hurry, someone will come along. The lift . I know a 6 inch lift done right is not cheap, but it does limit the number of potential buyers.

Notorious

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Prices in Los Angeles for a 2004 Ram run the gamut from $7k to $9k, private party, depending on mileage and condition.

Most clean title Hemis for that year with 100k miles will sell very fast at $7,500 all day long. Most sell within the same day on CL, I know, I hunted for mine forever and always missed out.

Color is very important though. A Molten Red one will languish while the silver ones will be snapped up in an hour. Clean title is also very important here, as salvaged vehicles, regardless of condition, automatically devalue the car by 20-33%, depending on the type of car. Some banks won't make the loan and the ones who do will value the car at the percentages I stated.

That is a very important fact because when I called in to get financing on my Ram, the lady asked if it's a clean or salvaged title and then she ran the KBB for the truck, to give me the amount they can loan me, based on the KBB value. I got financed for 100% of KBB for the clean title, but if it was salvaged, then they would finance me for 70% value of a clean title truck. In other words, if I applied for a $10k loan, and the truck was salvaged, then they would only loan me $7k since that is the KBB value for a salvaged vehicle. They will only loan you what they think they can recover if they had to repossess the car when you don't pay and a salvaged vehicle will be worth less when they wholesale it.

You gotta figure out your bottom line and how much you are willing to sell it for. If you are firm on your price, then be patient. People are waiting for their tax refunds and when they get it, you will see a glut of buyers for used vehicles.

If you are flexible, then you can figure it out when you get a guy who's serious and who can meet your price the closest. It's a waiting game. How fast do you want to sell it?

I know I am talking about the 2004 while yours is a 2003 but that's what I was familiar with... I saw a few 2003 Rams in my search and the prices aren't too much different for a 2003, especially if the 2003 has low mileage like yours. Same conditions apply to pricing as above.

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
where are you located, id trade you stock 06 sport rims with brand new cooper zeon ltzs.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
where are you located, id trade you stock 06 sport rims with brand new cooper zeon ltzs.

lol...i was thinking i want those wheels too

OP
OP
K

kozy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks everyone for the input. I expected a lot of lowballers since it's posted on CL, I can handle those people. I am asking $9k OBO but I'd honestly take $8k if enough time goes by without much response. I had a guy call me last night offering $8k and I told him I wasn't sure i wanted to go THAT low yet. He told me to call back later if/when I change my mind.

I'm going to stick with my $8500 floor on the price and see what happens. I bought it with this title because I needed/wanted a truck knowing fully well that it would be hard to sell. I'm not in dire straights to get it sold ASAP, so I can sit on it for awhile. Thanks again everyone for the input.

I'm in Phoenix. Trading wheels/tires doesn't do me much good since my goal is to get rid of the truck as a whole and not only 15% of it :waytogo:

macmongrel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good luck selling it...I think you can get 9K Craigslist is weird...youll get no hits on something...and repost it and have 10 calls in an hour, you never know but thats a nice truck...im sure its the title people don't like.