another squeak-_-

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
so again i have another squeak, whine and clank. its something else that taking away from the mod budget-_-

so in reverse i hear a really high pitched whine coming from the front end and its really annoying and highly embarrassing. then at slower speeds i hear a almost like a clank coming from the front passenger side. also when slowing down i have like a chirp going on in the front end. so i really hope yall can help me out bc im not sure what it is because i have replaced tie rod ends, lower ball joints, all new upper control arms, rack and pinion twice. this is really getting old replacing stuff. thanks you guys for all the help in advance!

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
ok so i did some research and it looks like when i washed my truck(detailed the crap put of her) i might of got too much water of the brakes and thats the squueaking problem. not sure if it goes away but seems to be maybe aa sticking pad or something idk but this i would think seems about right to what the noises are. what do yall think?

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is the clanking happening when going over bumps? might be shocks maybe? not really sure?

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
nope i replaced those 15k miles ago with some procomps and got the covers on real good, it seems to be isolated to just thhe passenger front area, not sure if it might be wheel bearings or not, but i do know that at 90k miles(35k ago) the guy at just brakes and my local shop said i would need new brakes within 40k miles so i doubt its that because it happens even without puttting the brake. gonna talk to the dad and see if i can just get new some slotted and cross drilled rotors and green stuff pads and not worry about the brakes anymore since im deff keeping my truck now

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hmmm, might try spraying the different front end components down with some silicone spray to try to figure out where the noises are coming from. I did that with my truck and it worked well in finding the noisemakers.

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Liquid Wrench makes some (at least that's what we have in the garage). It lubes stuff up. It will temporarily stop the noises, enough to isolate the problem areas.

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
oh i gotcha lol felt like a idiot there. shoudl be able to get some at autozone right?

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
sweet:D yea i was trying to get on some serious mods but in dec everything started to break and now it just wont stop. lol but yea i trying to really mod her up for totm but with stuff like this idk if its gonna happen. i have a ton of pics its just finding the time to do a build thread. i was gonna do it today but my dad took the camera with him out of town so all the pics i took with her clean and shinny are gone:/

off topic lol but i think its either the wheel bearing or brakes and hopefully not the tranny or front diff

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
LOL yeah I am in the same boat. I had most of the front end replaced on mine late last year. Found out last week that the passenger side strut is blown again, so that one only lasted a few months. And the passenger cvc shaft is busted, this will be the third replacement. oh and the lower ball joints are getting replaced too. It's like the front end is just falling apart after it hit 50k lol

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
dang thats crazy, mine lasted all the way to 120k and then it was done lol, now that i think of it i havent replace my sway bar links, think that might be it?

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It could be a possiblity. I had mine replaced too. When they went bad, it felt like a popping noise coming from the rear end, but it was really coming from the front end and the noise was just traveling thru the body of the truck making it seem that it came from the rear.

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
hmm thats deff gonna be the first thing i test tomorrow.and if it is will be a easy fix. man i hope that what it is

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
just drove the truck around and my mom complemeted me on my light and i quote"you need to retrofit those kc daylighters,they look out of place and stupid":D lol

but on topic, the chriping a whining only starts after i use the brakes,thus i leieve maybe my pads suck lol. so ima still do the other things tomorrow after i enroll into college but i am almostive positive its the brakes now. gonna check fluids in the morning, and then gonna check the pads and rotors after golf practice.im so excited to get rid of this annoying squeak:D

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sweet. Hope it is an easy fix. There is nothing more annoying than the noises these trucks make LOL mine has driven me crazy LOL

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not too sure about brakes, don't know too much about them since I haven't replaced mine yet. I will prolly have to not to far down the road tho since I have 55k on the original ones.