Anyone know what the 4.7 tranny is rated to?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
The Assassin

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Why turbo and not supercharged?

A lifted truck on 37s is going to take a while to get the rpm's up and get boost.

George, you are 100% right about the rpm's. However, I haven't had much luck finding anyone that has done a custom supercharger on the 4.7 engine. I have send multiple emails and pm's to Nick from Airram. He was supposed to be working on an adapter that would be a retrofit for a Ford 4.6, but then there would still be a head ache of trying to get the pullies to line up correctly.

With that said, as you know, superchargers take power to make power. So, I am not sure how to calculate what the loss (which I am sure is minimal). A supercharger would be much more reliable (if this was my dd, if there was a production kit, or just more common) it would for sure be my first choice. A turbo is pretty much bolt on (with the exception of a tune, which I have solved that issue via Hemifever and a SCT). It is much more easy to tune and adjust a turbo....if I want to run less boost...it's easy to change. Again, I am not too worried about turbo lag. This isn't a dd, and most of my driving is on the highway going from my house to either Carlisle or Ocean City, MD. It's rare that I have to deal with non-highway speeds with the truck.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
I there have been a few with early rams with supercharges. It is a direct bolt up far as I have read.