Axle bearing/seal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rboyer1290

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Still having a roaring in my front, even after replacing my right cv axle and right wheel bearing, Looks like im gonna try to tackle the RF axle bearing. Anyone got any tips on how to do it? I'm already having issues with the seal.. has 4 bolts that hold it in place and i've already snapped off 2.

When I replaced the axle, the inner stub that should have stayed in the axle housing, came out with the axle. Not sure if that'll cause me any issues with the replacement of the bearing.

OP
OP
R

rboyer1290

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Bump,Hopefully someone else has done this. After i get the seal out will the bearing just come out?

05daytona

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can you post a pic, so it's easier help you??

OP
OP
R

rboyer1290

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Got this done, For those wondering, there is no large needle bearing like the dealer had sold me in that side, just a very smaller one and a tapered roller bearing one.

My smaller needle bearing was fine, the tapered one however was very worn. I was able to get to it very easily after removing the seal, had to use a MAP torch on the bolts to break them loose.. Seal is a dealer item only, Bearing is National part # A9. Pressed on the stub. I carefully used a cutoff wheel and a cold chisel to get the old one off and used a ball joint press to press the new one on, worked like a charm!