Bad news

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mopar6spd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 Ram 2500
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Well.. very hard to post this one up.

Last night a deer jumped out at me, like a ******* instead of plowing into the s.o.b I locked em up, trashed a mailbox, she got sideways, which introduced my bed to the telephone pole. Hard to explain exactly how it happened but, unfortunatley, it did.

Damage I can see as of now:

Rear bumper & tailgate totaled
Bed totaled
Drivers front fender junk
Drivers headlight junk
When the bed hit the pole it pushed into the cab, cab damage.

I'm so sick I just want to throw up here.

Guess i'll call the insurance co tomorrow and see where to go from here.

Praying it's not "totalled" or the frame bent.
Really love this truck, rare and special to me. Would hate to see it go.

:suicide:

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ahh dude that blows. Hate to see this kinda stuff happen. Im glad your okay though.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Sorry brother, I hate deer. They should have open season on the ******** for as long as it take to exterminate them. They are responsible for about 60% of the crop damage and tear up anything on the road after dark.

shadow11

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005, 2009
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That really sucks man. At least you didn't get hurt. Post a pic of it when you get a chance.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Another 2500 RIP .. dam brother

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
MAN that sucks!!! But at least you're ok

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Wow that royally sucks. Well coming from an insurance standpoint as long as you have a good body shop or know folks at one and you have collision insurance on your policy you should be ok. Sounds like about 10k in damage so if your truck is more than that you are in the clear. if not. Well don't turn it in.

My advice is go and have it looked at by a shop first before calling the insurance. Cause if the insurance totals it you can buy it back but you will have a salvaged title then if this happens again you are royally boned. But go get it checked out see how much its gonna cost out of pocket. Then compare that to what the trucks worth on blue book and nada and go from there.

Glad you are ok. Sorry to see another 2500 messed up cause of daves deer. But lives aren't as easy to replace as a truck.

OP
OP
M

mopar6spd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 Ram 2500
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Sure wish I would have plowed into the son of a *****. Im pretty upset about it.

1.jpg

Shiloh 24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L gas
Sure wish I would have plowed into the son of a *****. Im pretty upset about it.

1.jpg

HOLY CHRIST, I am sad to see her like that. Even just dents in mine about make me sick at my stomach, I can't imagine that. At least your ok though man, that's all that really matters.

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
No doubt man I feel for ya. I was just thinking.

If you happen to have any friends at body shops maybe you can play with the numbers to prevent your company from totaling it. Usually it will get totaled by the company if there are 2 or more sides damaged. Maybe pay the shop for the bed in cash and turn the rest in for insurance. Just a thought.

Last edited:

shadow11

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005, 2009
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I work at a body shop man and I'm just telling you know that its going to be totaled. Its one thing to repair one side of the bed but when you have to replace the whole thing then that gets expensive fast. Plus it screwed up the cab some to so it doesn't look good. RIP

Shiloh 24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L gas
OP
OP
M

mopar6spd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 Ram 2500
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Well, replacing a bed isnt that big of an ordeal. I know you can find some brand new taken off trucks for flatbeds/dumpbodys... There is a really good body shop I have at home, I'm hoping as long as the frame isn't jacked up that it can be fixed. I sure love this truck, don't even particularly want a new one.

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I agree. Maybe if they do total it make it into a pulling playtoy??? But if it's got frame issues yea. I would hate to see it go but gotta think ahead ya know. Nice new truck btw. Like the choice. Heck if it is totaled see if you can pull the engine and trans. they gotta be worth some cash themselves.

02Steve15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
sorry to hear about the truck, that really sucks. but i'm glad you are alright. i'll stay tuned to the thread for updates..