Bad news

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If I get a bone on the road, I pull over and call my old lady while I take care of it. ;)

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
i dunno whether I'm hungry or ***** for hitchikers....lol

metalwolf69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Man did this forum get off topic.. lol.. Sorry about the truck. Glad your ok thou. Yah thou in truck driving school they tell ya just to hit the damn deer, youll do less damage to your truck.. I took that advance and hit 2 bucks in 2007 west of indianapolis going 70 weighting in at oh 78000 pounds... I think the head hit the windshield, the rest went under the truck lol.. Not much damage either. Pushed in the grill alittle and cracked my hood. Nothing much, Minus the deer fur and guts all over my truck and engine

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Story time, a few years back I was driving to work early in the morning when it was still dark and I rounded a long sweeping turn and Man that road looked dark. I was off the gas but not on the brakes at about 60mph when I flashed by a hugh brahma bull standing in the fast line. I never saw that sucker until I was on top of him. It was like he was invisible. Scared the holy crap out of me. A week later I rounded that turn again and there was semi parts scattered for at least a quarter of a mile. The owner of the bull soon built a feed and seed store from the insurance. I don't know, but was told the driver was at fault for hitting livestock. Apparently the insurance on that beast was pretty high. Scary stuff with critters running all over the damn place.
As for your truck I don't see where it can't be fixed if it drives ok. The bed is replaceable as a unit and the cab can have the corner sectioned in. So IMO yes it looks bad but it should be fixable. Good luck...

4XLGATOR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Sorry about your truck. And I'm sure it is hard to look at. I hope everything works out for you, and the truck.

Speaking of being "taught" to run into to animals....years ago a friend of mine swerved to miss an animal (natural human reaction) and hit a car that was parallel parked on the street. He was given a ticket for wreckless driving. His insurance company didn't pay for the repairs so he had to pay to fix both vehicles. As a result of the wreckless driving ticket that resulted in property damage, his insurance company dropped him.

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
About a year ago, my uncle Mark... RIP...was a truck driver in San Ramona. He was driving to work early at like 3 a.m. one morning, in my aunts car. This really ritzy horse farm on that stretch of road let they're two fences, one inside metal fence, and an outside wooden fence break down in disrepair and didn't fix them. Investigation said the fences had been broken for about 2 months. Anyway, apparently 5 of the horses had broken out and were standing in the road. This guy going the opposite direction stopped and tried to shoo the horses off the road... he left his brights on. As my uncle came around a corner all he could see was the headlights. He hit all 5 of those horses. Killed 2 and bloodied up the other 3, to the point the police had to put them out of they're misery. The car he was driving was crushed to the point it didn't look like a car anymore, and my uncle was crushed to death in it. Just goes to show you how dumb people can be when it comes to livestock and responsibility.
Horse owner calls fatal accident 'horrific' | PressDemocrat.com

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Just got in the thread and man hard to look at but my vote is a black diamond plate flatbed conversion. Look at the bright side all that damage was towards the rear and not the front and you could walk away from it.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Wow Trip that is no good, we have 2 horses at my house and we check the fence 3 times a day atleast.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
About a year ago, my uncle Mark... RIP...was a truck driver in San Ramona. He was driving to work early at like 3 a.m. one morning, in my aunts car. This really ritzy horse farm on that stretch of road let they're two fences, one inside metal fence, and an outside wooden fence break down in disrepair and didn't fix them. Investigation said the fences had been broken for about 2 months. Anyway, apparently 5 of the horses had broken out and were standing in the road. This guy going the opposite direction stopped and tried to shoo the horses off the road... he left his brights on. As my uncle came around a corner all he could see was the headlights. He hit all 5 of those horses. Killed 2 and bloodied up the other 3, to the point the police had to put them out of they're misery. The car he was driving was crushed to the point it didn't look like a car anymore, and my uncle was crushed to death in it. Just goes to show you how dumb people can be when it comes to livestock and responsibility.
Horse owner calls fatal accident 'horrific' | PressDemocrat.com

Man, that is tough.

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
I only had a chance to read first couple pages of this at work. Until I catch up on the thread just wanted to say sorry for the bad luck with the deer, ironic how I had nominated your Truck for TOTM but was a little late for it to be counted.

OP
OP
M

mopar6spd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 Ram 2500
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Damn, thanks ramman- didn't know anyone tried to nominate me...
Yes it is a shame, but hopefully all will be fixed.

Trup- man i'm sorry that's a rough story... checking fences is pretty important, and if it had been 2 months then that is just plain stupidity.

Like I said, i'll try and keep you all updated!

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
thanks mopar it will all over in awhile, worse case scenerio, you get too go shopping!!!

Got_Hemi44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That pic is hard to look at. I don't know what i'd do if that ever happened to mine. At least you're ok though. If it is totaled I'd keep it and make it into a play toy.

Ms.MagnumSLT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 QC
Engine
Magnum 4.7 v8
Sorry about your truck! hope it can be fixed, but like the guys said atleast you were not hurt. Being a bus driver I know I am supposed to hit the damn deer but I cant say for sure what I would do. one bounced out in front of my bus earlier this year and I tapped the Brakes, just enough the deer was missed. scared me to Death since I had all elem.kids on board.Hope everything works out in your favor.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
^^ your cargo is a lot more precious than mine!! Nerves of steel are needed when the unthinkable happens with a school bus, imo.