Ball in the bed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schroederMP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I'm putting this in the General Section becasue it may pertain to some HEMI 2500s...

I had to barrow my neighbors goose neck to pick up something today...well my truck don't have a ball in the bed. I had to barrow his 1997 Ford F250 Powerstroke to pull it... I NEVER want to do that again, I hated that truck.

So what the best brand/best priced brand out there?

And...what all is involved in installing one of these beside cutting a hole in your bed? :superhack:

Thanks for the info!

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would reccomend the b&w turnoverball gooseneck hands down

I will second, third, and however many more opinions you need on this.
Of everyone I know with them, they are by far the best. Everyone switches to them with time.

Be careful on how they mount the unit, that is if you get it installed. I've been reasonably unimpressed with some peoples ideas of a 'quality' install job. Ask them how they'd install it first, make them justify it.

It's a boxed frame, so you can't just 'bolt it down' etc.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
We only have bumper pull trailers but any of our friends who pull horse trailers have switched to the turnoverball
My buddy had one in his duramax and it was extremely nice not haveing a ball right in the middle of the bed, its ridiculous how much they actually get in the way
The only down side really is having to have someone pull the handle to pull the ball out to flip

OP
OP
schroederMP

schroederMP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Ok sweet...thats exactly what I was wanting. I didn't want that ball in the middle all the time.

Sliding something in forgetting its there can be painful.

Has anyone installed one of these before? Or any gooseneck hitch before? Any tips or tricks?