ball joints installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
finally got around to installing the lower ball joints yesterday, had a buddy help me out and we finished the job in under 10 hours. the truck had almost the entire front end rebuilt and the ball joints were the last addition to finish it.

i also installed a new steering knuckle on the right side of the truck, the tie rod hole was chipping away on the inside and I also noticed it was tweaked in a few spots, so the new one is on and im really happy about that.

i havent been on much as ive been busy with another hobby of mine. but none the less, Ive still got my ram and things have been good for me this month.

cheers

OP
OP
sullivan

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A tip for anyone who does their own work, the stock ball joints need to have the flaps bent in using a chisil or you cant press them out. I was confused at first cause there was no O ring on it, but it has 3 flanges instead.

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Damn, I didn't know they took that long to do, I gotta get mine replaced in the spring as I have had my entire front end rebuilt too with everything being replaced except the ball joints. That's sounds like an expensive job since I'll mostly like pay to have it done. Boo.

OP
OP
sullivan

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Damn, I didn't know they took that long to do, I gotta get mine replaced in the spring as I have had my entire front end rebuilt too with everything being replaced except the ball joints. That's sounds like an expensive job since I'll mostly like pay to have it done. Boo.

Keep in mind I did the work mainly my self, im sure a shop could have it done sooner but there is a ton of work involved, mainly removing stuff and reinstalling.

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks. I hope so. When they rebuilt the front end they had it apart and back together fairly quickly, so hopefully that will be the same case when these get replaced.

OP
OP
sullivan

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Its nice having all new components under the body, drives like new

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
cool man

Deviate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 4x2
Engine
I didn't realize it took that long either. *sigh* I need to do mine pretty soon. When I did the level it didn't take very long to get things apart. But it sounds like the ball joints themselves are a PITA. But I really want to do them myself to save money and also because I think one of springs is just a little off from seating like it's supposed to and it causes a squeak.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Awesome job! I HATE doing balljoints, when putting on my lowering spindles, they did NOT want to come off, even with a BFH lol