Best place to get replacement leaf springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firstdodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and to Dodge ownership...

Just bought a used 03 1500 quad cab and noticed (too late...) that one of the leafs is broken and needs to be replaced. Where is the best place to get new leaf springs that won't cost an arm and a leg?

Thanks!

hotkarl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Semi-Hemi
I just paid almost 400 a piece for springs. Just the springs no labor.
Got them through a local reputable spring company.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Salvage yard if you are just looking for a replacement. With that said I'd buy them as a pair.

Harley Harrold

USAF Ret. 36+ years service
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
:welcome:

I agree, go to a salvage yard and buy the set. You truck may have been overloaded and that is why a spring is broken.

1500BR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not sure if they will fit your year truck, but i've got some OEM leaf springs out a 2010. PM me would be happy to work out a deal,

OP
OP
F

firstdodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not sure if they will fit your year truck, but i've got some OEM leaf springs out a 2010. PM me would be happy to work out a deal,
Did some quick research, don't think they'll fit (and based on the weight rating, would make the ride realllllllllly stiff).

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It is my personal mission to tell anyone looking for replacement leaf springs....

To stay the hell away from SD truck springs.

Without typing the novel of my experiences - they were the worst constructed, poorly made springs, the overall worst compnay I have ever dealt with in my entire life.

I got blocked from posting the below picture (3,000 miles on the springs) to their facebook page when I could not get any customer service from them. After creating multiple accounts and posting multiple times, they finally agreed they were in the wrong, and refunded my money for their **** springs.

E4D8AC48-C71C-4E03-9E5D-FA52080AC409_zpstn8rcriq.jpg

Stay the hell away from them.

Last edited:

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It is my personal mission to tell anyone looking for replacement leaf springs....

Without typing the novel of my experiences - they were the worst constructed, poorly made springs, the overall worst compnay I have ever dealt with in my entire life.

I got blocked from posting the below picture (3,000 miles on the springs) to their facebook page when I could not get any customer service from them. After creating multiple accounts and posting multiple times, they finally agreed they were in the wrong, and refunded my money for their **** springs.

OP
OP
F

firstdodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

E4D8AC48-C71C-4E03-9E5D-FA52080AC409_zpstn8rcriq.jpg

Wow, those are beautiful... they look worse than my broken one.

This is good to know since I almost bought some before I asked the forum.

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow, those are beautiful... they look worse than my broken one.

This is good to know since I almost bought some before I asked the forum.

Glad to know I saved someone a lot of headache.

You can even tell how little used those **** springs were - because the original shipping label from them to me are still on them!

OP
OP
F

firstdodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks all, found some used springs at a salvage yard in good shape for less than half the cost of new. They have less miles on them than the rest of my truck, so it's an upgrade, right????