Best Shocks for Stock Height

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

korby05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
As the title says I'm looking at getting shocks for my truck. Mine are horrible as they are the original stock shocks from 2002. I've looked at Bilsteins (5100's) and they are only for lifted trucks or 2500's for the front.

I've thought about leveling the truck but don't wanna put anymore stress on the suspension then I have to.

Any suggestions would be great and on a side note this is my daily driver

thanks in advance

OP
OP
K

korby05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Well in looking everything says for the front shocks lift or level only on the 1500's. I don't want the Hd's either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My answer depends on how you use your truck / your expectations.

The Monroe Reflex is a great everyday shock, offers a great ride, with good control of large impacts without riding rough.

If you're looking to tow, be heavily loaded or romp the **** out of it, the above shocks will be way to soft for your liking.

I would avoid the generic brand white lift shocks (even stock size) they're just junk.
Bilstein should have a shock listed for a stock height truck.

mcamzr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
As the title says I'm looking at getting shocks for my truck. Mine are horrible as they are the original stock shocks from 2002. I've looked at Bilsteins (5100's) and they are only for lifted trucks or 2500's for the front.

I've thought about leveling the truck but don't wanna put anymore stress on the suspension then I have to.

Any suggestions would be great and on a side note this is my daily driver

thanks in advance

I just put 5100 on my ram 1500. They make them. I got them from autoanything but you have to order them for a Chevy though. I will see if I still have the part number

Here it is. I think. 24-186735

mcamzr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I took this pic yesterday doing ball joints but you can see the shock in there. They make them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 56

hotkarl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Semi-Hemi
I'm leaning towards the Reflex myself. Sounds like they're a decent all around shock for a daily driver.

OP
OP
K

korby05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I just put 5100 on my ram 1500. They make them. I got them from autoanything but you have to order them for a Chevy though. I will see if I still have the part number

Here it is. I think. 24-186735

I was just on autoanythings website and typed in the part number and it didn't come up for some reason. Do you have the link to them? or maybe a better question would be what year chevy is it?

oldskool83

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I use rough country shocks in mine $40ea. Rides harder but it take a lot to make the bed sag now. I just have a leveling kit on mine.