Binding CV?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bevan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Next Gen V8 4.7L
Okay guys need a little help here. When I turn the wheel left and am in motion there is a horrible bind. It's a 08 ram 1500 4x4 6 inch fabtech lift 2.5 front level. Threw investigation I found my transmission mount shot. Replaced it. Vehicle still binds. I think this was caused from something Else. When I jack up front end I turn the wheels left. As I lay under the truck and spin the tire I can see that when it rotates to a surten position it pushes everything in. Twords passenger side. I can see it push front diff motor transmission and transfer case. What could be causing this? Could it be the CV binding? Wheel hub seems fine no play or unusual noise and u joints a in great condition. Any ideas?

OP
OP
Bevan

Bevan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Next Gen V8 4.7L
No I replaced the cv and the binding stopped. unfortunately it still cluncked from rear end. Unfortunately there was two broken teeth on the spider gears. I have no idea why or in which order it happened but the transmission mount was shot driver cv was binding and causing a shift and now I'm replacing the carrier . :/