Blend door help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Whodat739

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 liter
2003 Dodge ram 1500. I only have air coming out my dash vents. My defroster top and bottom doesn't blow anything. I changed the recirculation door but that didnt fix it. I also only have hot air that comes out the passanger side. Ac on both sides work great. I'm trying to find out where the blend door is located and how hard it is to change.

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The blend door that controls the defrost vents is the one towards the center of the vehicle which is not really fun to replace. Mine is starting to get really slow changing from defrost to vents, so I need to do mine and the actuator that controls it, but to be honest, it's something that I want to avoid doing as long as possible.

When I am forced to do it, because it involves removing the dash to get to it, I'm going to go ahead and replace all 4 blend doors and their actuators at the same time. I'm only doing that once. I have already lost the recirc blend door, so I just pulled it out through the blower motor hole for now.

Here's a great post with all the locations:

http://www.ramforum.com/1216727-post5.html

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The link worked fine on my phone just now.

Ram Lover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L 360
Well the link works but it was for someone's dually not blend door/actuator locations.

Sent from my Z797C using Tapatalk

ledzepp1977

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6,1
Just like you said. passenger side floor under the dash. 3 screws drop the blower motor reach up pull the transfer door out. Even if you have to break it in half. If you have the t tool for taking out the screws it will be a lot easer. keep in mind the motor has to go back in the same way it came out. you guys saved me a trip and an expense at the dealer. Blowing full capacity cold air again. yahoo!!!!!!!