Broken Gauges?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

variablevalve

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have an 03 1500 5.7L, the gauges have been acting odd recently. It may or may not be related to some sensor issues I've had.

The battery meter reads 0 even though the battery has a charge, I replaced it a few months ago when this problem first arose.

Also, the fuel gauge began to go back and forth between working and not working (see video link)
https://youtu.be/K_7mYKA8cRg

The Check Engine Light is P0456 which came on a few days ago, I've had this code come up and go away by itself a few times in the past. I don't know if its related.

The first time the battery meter stopped working, I got another code was related to the Camshaft position sensor. Then it happened again and I got another code related to the Crankshaft position sensor. Replaced both and the problem seemed gone for a while until today.

The battery meter dropped but this time there was no code other than P0456 (small evap emissions leak). I was on the highway so I had to drive about 30 miles like this with no noticeable issues with the truck.

I'm scratching my head here trying to find a link, can anyone help me? :confused:

Ram Lover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L 360
Gauges could be going, could be as simple as bad ground.

Sent from my Z797C using Tapatalk

JonTownsley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 4.7
Your RPMs frighten me, when my gauges went bad it was due to a rear speed sensor dying and coming back to life... Frying my cluster. Turns out any fluctuation of voltage causes serious problems, maybe look into the fuel level sensor? Start replacing cheap parts before it costs you 1200 at the dealer for gauges

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk