Busted!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BEAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 HEMI 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Like the title says.....Got busted by the Law Dog in a near by town for Tint Law violations!! As some of you know I have 5% tint all round on my truck, have had it for about a year now, well I was going through a near by town that I go through alot because its between my work and my house and got stopped by the city cops and ticketed for violation of the tint law. I was riding with my front windows down, due to it being 98* and the copper stopped me for the rears! When I had my tint done the law was 27% on the fronts and what ever on the rears. Now it seems they have changed the law to 27% all round and it seems you have to have a card applied between the window and the tint stating that its 27%. So now I have untill August 5 to make it legal or strip it off! This FUKKEN sucks!

KillerBee2164

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
go to ur doctor and get a note saying u have sensitive eyes and keep ur tint...at least you can do that here in michigan and here you can have 5% on rears none on driver/passenger window....i have 5% all around of course i have a get out of ticket badge and ID....i didnt know some cops are tint professionals and can tell what 27% and 15% and 5% is....didnt even know they made 27% tint lol

MOPAR78

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
That does suck!! Sorry to hear that man!

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
thats lame.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
What ********!! They have nothing better to do. Stuff like this burns my ass! Time for a class action suit against the town!! or register in another state. **** 'em. I wouldn't do it. Take my registation, then impound the truck, take the lisence. When all is said and done, and there are four or five bloodied corpes at your feet, you can blame that ******* cop!!!

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
bear you should have stepped out the truck and shown that super trooper your mean side .

or do what i do ..... tell him to hurry up because you have the ***** and need to get to a crapper ,,,FAST . start to mone and curl over gripping your stomach in pain .

95% on that one , works like charm . they dont want you to poo your pants so they say go go go ..

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
i wonder if you go find a local tinter that will strip one window and put that card in saying its 27% whether it is or not.....paying for 0ne window is better than paying for all of em...

DisturbedGator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
where is redneck county? im worried about them switchin laws round these parts

OP
OP
BEAR

BEAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 HEMI 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
go to ur doctor and get a note saying u have sensitive eyes and keep ur tint...at least you can do that here in michigan and here you can have 5% on rears none on driver/passenger window....i have 5% all around of course i have a get out of ticket badge and ID....i didnt know some cops are tint professionals and can tell what 27% and 15% and 5% is....didnt even know they made 27% tint lol

Unfortunately, I ain't been able to find a eye doctor around this area that will write a prescription for the tint. Most even have it posted in there office waiting room that they won't do it for one reason or another.
rocket
What ********!! They have nothing better to do. Stuff like this burns my ass! Time for a class action suit against the town!! or register in another state. **** 'em. I wouldn't do it. Take my registation, then impound the truck, take the lisence. When all is said and done, and there are four or five bloodied corpes at your feet, you can blame that ******* cop!!!
I love my tint but it ain't worth all that bro! Thanks for the feeling tho!
jusjay727
i wonder if you go find a local tinter that will strip one window and put that card in saying its 27% whether it is or not.....paying for 0ne window is better than paying for all of em...
I'm gonna get in touch with the guys that did my tint and see what they can do for me.
DisturbedGator
where is redneck county? im worried about them switchin laws round these parts
The county is Darlington and the city is Hartsville, South Carolina

OP
OP
BEAR

BEAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 HEMI 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do they know 27% is lighter than factory???

I didn't know that myself... I figured, worst come to worst, I would have the front tinted to match the rear factory tint and see if I can get away with that. I mean damn, ain't like I can do a damn thing about the factory tint. Damn local cops to damn busy fukken with the hard workin rednecks to catch the drug dealers, kidnappers and child molesters we got running the streets!

HKkid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thats really weird. There should be no restriction on the rears, because you don't have to be able to see out the back. In MO you can have all the rears as dark as you want, but 35% is as dark as it can be on the front. I know Illinois is worse and they are super ***** about it.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Regardless , the tint is allowing you perfect vision too see out. whether you can or not is a mute point. The problem is seeing in. Funny how the limo drivers never get there balls broke. and those are some dark ass tints. Guess there isn't much danger for pulling over a limo then it is a ride. Anybody can see a tricked out truck, is gonna have a person that has his **** together. Open a limo service bear, thats the ticket. One horse town barney fife, wannabe **** head cop!!!
Oh I like cops btw. lol

OP
OP
BEAR

BEAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 HEMI 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Regardless , the tint is allowing you perfect vision too see out. whether you can or not is a mute point. The problem is seeing in. Funny how the limo drivers never get there balls broke. and those are some dark ass tints. Guess there isn't much danger for pulling over a limo then it is a ride. Anybody can see a tricked out truck, is gonna have a person that has his **** together. Open a limo service bear, thats the ticket. One horse town barney fife, wannabe **** head cop!!!
Oh I like cops btw. lol

My thoughts exactly right after I got the ticket! You know, since the law changed since last year, you would think they would give warnings for the first time. If that had been the case I would just stay the hell out of that town, but no, I had to run up with a butt munch trying to prove something I guess....

OP
OP
BEAR

BEAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 HEMI 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I guess with all the drug dealin, cop killin, murderin pimps ridin around with their bling bling and Reese's Peanut butter cup paint jobs the law abiding workin man is paying the price.

kay9

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
xxxx
Engine
xxxx
I agree but the law applies to the working folk too. . Same thing happened to me (fix it ticket) and i got no one else to blame for it but myself. Of course i am taking a risk again since i put on 20% a while ago.

I guess with all the drug dealin, cop killin, murderin pimps ridin around with their bling bling and Reese's Peanut butter cup paint jobs the law abiding workin man is paying the price.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963