Busted!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LoadedLaramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
that sux, here in Indiana the law states the tint must be light enough to be able to see the outline of your ear from outside the vehicle. which is 35% by most cops deffinitions.

factory rear polarization is about 17.5% AND 15% tint matches as close as possible to it.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
sorry to hear that man. I just got my windows tinted today...20% all the way around....its darker than I thought it would be. I'm scared i might get busted...LOL

OP
OP
BEAR

BEAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 HEMI 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree but the law applies to the working folk too. . Same thing happened to me (fix it ticket) and i got no one else to blame for it but myself. Of course i am taking a risk again since i put on 20% a while ago.

I agree but if the previously mentioned had never went around poppin caps in cops then there prolly wouldn't be such a law. I,as prolly all of you, work hard for my money to pay my bills and have some left over to pay for a nice truck and mods for it and it just sucks when "the law" says I can't do what I want to MY truck. I think if they stop you for tint they should run a check on you and if you are clean then they should let you be on your way. If not then the person should be given the ticket to fix the tint. Thats the problem, you got so many repeat offenders running the street that the cops don't know who they can trust and who they can't. I say the same as "THE MAN" UNCLE TED, quote " I don't like repeat offenders I like DEAD offenders!"

dodgegirl05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
bummer dude!!!! i had the same problem!! but mine was 3% lol legal limit is 35% ended up pulling mine off! hope you can figure something out!

OP
OP
BEAR

BEAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 HEMI 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
bummer dude!!!! i had the same problem!! but mine was 3% lol legal limit is 35% ended up pulling mine off! hope you can figure something out!

Thanks DG, I got till the 5th to figure out what I'm gonna do.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Take some pictures. Rip it off. Get a tint dealer too 'fix" the problem, Like 5% more than legal, Or less depending on how you look at . And roll with that. Oh and take pictures of the finished product. If your a little lighter so be it. But at least now you have, a before and after, to show the next,One horse town, barney fife, wannabe, **** head ,cop!!!

OP
OP
BEAR

BEAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 HEMI 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Take some pictures. Rip it off. Get a tint dealer too 'fix" the problem, Like 5% more than legal, Or less depending on how you look at . And roll with that. Oh and take pictures of the finished product. If your a little lighter so be it. But at least now you have, a before and after, to show the next,One horse town, barney fife, wannabe, **** head ,cop!!!

I like the way you think man! LOL!