A/C Blower motor smoking?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bryan321

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2003 ram 1500 5.7 quad and as I was driving I started smelling smoke. Pulled off the road and noticed the connector that hooks to my blower motor had melted. If I wiggled the cable I could see a huge spark.

I put some jb weld and held it in place for the past few months. Now it doesn't work at all. I know where to get a new blower motor, but I can't find anywhere to get the cable that hooks into it. I would be content with just the head connector so that I could cut off the old and tie/tape on a new one. Anyone know where one is sold? Local junk yards do not have my truck year :/

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
you wont find any new connectors. you either have to cut and splice the wires together or or get a connector from another truck. You dont have to have your year your should beable to use 02-08 1500's possible 2500 and 3500's also. I know for certain 02-05 1500's will be the same. Just make sure what ever you do do it right and dont just twist the wires together and tape them. Either solder them and heatshrink them or use butconnectors and heatshrink or electrical tape.

Also if your blower still doesnt work after that check your ignition switch.