Calling AF_Hemi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
AF_Hemi,
Who did your custom tune on your 03? Did he adjust the rev limiter and speed restricter?
Thanks,

OP
OP
Redtruck-VA

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
yep marty did it. and no he didnt adjust those two things.

Any ideas how a custom tune can be done that includes moving the rev limiter and speed restricter? After all, the SC3865 canned tunes can modify these points on a 03. So it ain't all magic. I heard folks talk about stacking. I assume this is loading a SC tune and then loading another tune seeing the SC tune as the original. Allowing the new rev limiter and speed siettings to be carried over to the new tune. Anyone actually do this on a 03?

Thanks,

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
in order for a tuner to change those parameters, the programmer has to be capable of doing it. The DSP cant do it, so neither can the tuner.

You have the correct idea about stacking. load the SC tune (MUST be stock engine tune). Then load the DSP. The DSP reads the SC tuen as the stock setting. Its not possible to remove the SC tune once its been stacked on, so be careful. It will work on an 03 as far as I know

OP
OP
Redtruck-VA

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
in order for a tuner to change those parameters, the programmer has to be capable of doing it. The DSP cant do it, so neither can the tuner.

You have the correct idea about stacking. load the SC tune (MUST be stock engine tune). Then load the DSP. The DSP reads the SC tuen as the stock setting. Its not possible to remove the SC tune once its been stacked on, so be careful. It will work on an 03 as far as I know

I am seriously not happy with the DSP. So was thinking of a SCT, which I know absolutely nothing about, but it appears to be a little more compatible with the SC being looked upon as the original. Am I correct in assuming this or does it not matter?
As for the SC, I would load it as a standard 91 tune with only the rev and speed limiters moved.

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
You'd be fine with SCT. They'd have the same exact effect. either way you'd be permanently putting your SC tune on. DO NOT load the 91 tune. You must have the stock tune on there!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The sc/sct stack has been reviewed as a more stable stack than stacking dsp on sc. Don't know why but that is what I have gathered from people who have done stacks.

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would email hemifever and ask him all of these questions. Even if you are not going to get him to do the tune, he is very knowledgeable on tuning these trucks. I have talked to him a lot and he is always very willing to help. He may be able to give you some very good insight on stacking tuners as well.

OP
OP
Redtruck-VA

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
I have heard nothing but good things adout HemiFever. What is his contact info?
Thanks,

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
If your plans are to stack them then do the SCT/SC stack not the DSP/SC stack.

So va, even with the parameters that you have with the DSP now that you can adjust you dont have a rev limiter or speed limiter adjustment? I thought that you could not adjust the idle or shift points never knew about the other parts. That really sucks.

kay9

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
xxxx
Engine
xxxx
I have a early 04 and had idle adjustment but zero shift or tranny options with my DSP. Had trouble loading any of the canned tune so to get by with my cam i could only adjust my idle and fuel trims and run on a stock tune.