Can't decide to lift or lower my truck. :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02hairlessram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I have an 02 quad cab and can't decide if I want to lift or lower my truck. Its two wheel drive so lowering it would be a good idea, but I have always had lowered trucks. The lifted scene has grown on me a lot. Plus after I saw Ramstrat's sexy ass truck pic the other day. Made me want a lift even more. Someone help me decide or at least some pros or cons to maybe help me decide. Thanks
David

ol'red02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I say lift it, even though i'm very biased in that aspect i love lifted trucks and plan on liftin mine soon. But hey youve had all slammed trucks, why not lift it and change it up a bit

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Lower it IMO

[ tapatalkin ]

OP
OP
02hairlessram

02hairlessram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pic of the truck? That will help decide.
Only good one I have so far. Will take some more tomorrow.
18205471-9332-8080.jpg

David

Last edited:
OP
OP
02hairlessram

02hairlessram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I say lift it, even though i'm very biased in that aspect i love lifted trucks and plan on liftin mine soon. But hey youve had all slammed trucks, why not lift it and change it up a bit

True about changing it up a bit. But the bad part is that lowering is cheaper than lifting.

David

ol'red02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
True about changing it up a bit. But the bad part is that lowering is cheaper than lifting.

David

Yeah thatd be why my truck is at stock height still. Could always look into body lifts though and level out the front? Dont know if anythings different on 2wds, but thats a cheaper way than going suspension.

swamp_life hemi 05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lift it, see the difference......
Stock on the right.... 10" on the left.
I've always favored lifted. You can see the cops before anyone else lol

Droid Incredible 2 on the move!!!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1321529757652.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1321529757652.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 43

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
lift it

EJM05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
440 Big Block
02hairlessram said:
Well I have an 02 quad cab and can't decide if I want to lift or lower my truck. Its two wheel drive so lowering it would be a good idea, but I have always had lowered trucks. The lifted scene has grown on me a lot. Plus after I saw Ramstrat's sexy ass truck pic the other day. Made me want a lift even more. Someone help me decide or at least some pros or cons to maybe help me decide. Thanks
David

Go through our newest vendor MPC for prices. I think they have a special going on.

swamp_life hemi 05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea with the new vendor you can get the same much I have for $800 I think. Then spend another $130 for the spacers and boom! Same height as mine!

Droid Incredible 2 on the move!!!

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Problem with lifting, is the additional costs. You cant throw a 10" lift on without getting some larger tires, which will add another $800+/- easily onto the total cost of the lift, and then you'll want to get those larger tires moving easier so there's another grand on the total, and you are bound to drop some mpg's as well (larger tires+brick wall of a truck). Dropping it you can go 2/4 without swapping the wheels and tires, it'll handle better, and pick up an mpg if you are lucky. You dont have to bag and drag the thing to drop it.

If you had a 4x4 I'd say lift and wouldn't question it, but 2wd with a 4.7, it needs to go down. JMO

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm having this very same battle. I'd look at how you drive it everyday. You having a big truck with the 4.7 I'm guessing you're not a power freak. I bought the smallest most powerful 2wd I could cause I like to haul ass.

For me, lifting would just wear out really expensive tires far quicker. If I do adjust my suspension, it will be lowered. Just don't want to mess with getting custom LCA's and an adjustable track bar for the rear. (Sorry, I don't feel coils alone are a proper drop kit)

OP
OP
02hairlessram

02hairlessram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks all for showing me some points on both sides of the fence. That is true bout the cost of a lift and tires. Wouldn't look right with stock tires on a 10" lift. Wouldn't be able to get all of the stuff at once. If I lower it, I'm going air bag suspension thought about going 2/4 drop but would be wasting money cause I want to bag it. I have a mod bug bad right now. I want to do something to it whether it is rims and tires or the suspension mod.
David

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Go with Suspension Modifications first. Nothing worse than realizing your new wheels don't fit / work with your suspension modifications.

If you got the coin, lay that f*cker out. I've always wanted to at least lay frame!