Ceramic brake pads question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On 6/8/13 I replaced my brake pads and rotors. I got ceramic pads because I heard they were better but I have a question regarding them. How long do ceramic pads last? I ask this because my front is already starting to squeak and I am not a heavy braker.

B-Shot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you use disk brake quiet? What brand of pads?

OP
OP
E

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
To be honest since it was over a year ago I don't remember if I used disc quiet when installing. Brand is Wearever, they are advance auto brand, does come with lifetime warranty.

B-Shot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used the same pads on my woman's nitro and they got noisy but were wearing just fine so I just pulled them off and applied disk quiet put them back on and no noise yet with 30k on them( I should have done it right the first time)

OP
OP
E

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Alright cool, I'll pull mine off and try that out.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
I will say this: ceramic pads were originally designed for racing and extreme heat applications. They do not really hold up well on a truck at all. Semi-metallic pads are better for towing and hauling because they do not get as hot and do not wear the rotors as bad as Ceramic pads will. A good set of Semi-Metallic pads will outlast the best ceramic big time. That is why Dodge equips our trucks with semi-metallic pads as oem.

Elfster55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good info mouse, cause I'm getting ready to do my brakes soon and was wondering about pads, I work for a auto parts store, and was wondering g about the zink coated rotors for the front, there black was wondering if I should go with some fancy pads.

OP
OP
E

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dang wish I knew that before doing my brakes! I'll have to take mine apart and see how pads are doing and then maybe when they need replacing I'll switch back over, or maybe do that sooner.