check gauges??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Bigdaddycodes

Bigdaddycodes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
well thank you that was very informative, i will definetly be upgrading my alternator now then, thanks for that, and i got plenty of welding wire around the shop il upgrade my wiring. thanks again and i hope that this is going to fix my issues

SyrenSkywolf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 - Hedman Shorties - K&N CAI
The fact that the previous owner replaced the alternator tells me that they either replaced it with another used one, or a new one that was designed purely for stock everything.

I agree with the others on the alternator. It doesn't push out enough for your setup from what I see.

Definitely check out that squeal, though.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
I have to agree with some of the others here. If you have a squeal it breaks down to only a few things. The belt is going bad. This is common and happens to everyone. Idler pulley bearing is going out. Replace the idler pulley. And the last thing that can be the cause of squeals is a weak tensioner pulley spring.
I would start by checking the belt for major wear. Next replace the tensioner pulley. Only replace the idler pulley if the squeal has not gone away after the other 2 have been done.

Detox

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have had the same symptoms in my 05. Mine happned when I was up north and had to slam through a huge snow drift. Snow got into the engine bay and smoked my belt. Changed my belt and idler pully and have had no issues since.