cleaned the engine bay...thanks johnny...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
so i cleaned my engine bay cause i like to also do it once in a while, ill tell ya i waited to long this time now i know better. but im going out to take pics now and do my interior i have a meet and greet to goto this weekend and itll be spiffy....prolly the cleanest there....now my dilemma is i used purle power or purple stuff cleaner and i sprayed it and it cleaned good not that i had lot of grease or oil gunk but it kinda left corrosion lines on my aluminum intake how do i get that off? or should i paint it and what color i was thinking a nice red so it stands out or jet black to match the truck whats yalls opinions....paint would be done tomorrow so i got a day to think about it....unless i can polish it....pics asap...

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
I'd try never dull. sounds like it will come off with elbow grease and a cleaner of your choice. Unless there was a chemical reaction, then you could be screwed.

OlDirtyJohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Quad Cab 2500 *Sold*
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yeah, that purple power stuff stains all kinds of things. the black plastic on our trucks (like the door handles, or steps pads on the bumpers) and porous metals. i spilled some on my weather tech floor mats, and now it looks like i spilled bleach on some blue jeans. havent found anything to get rid of the stain yet.

OP
OP
B

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
okay the first one and the 4th one (the intake pics) are where you can see white lines in the aluminum i tried polishing it with some chrome stuff it didnt work , i tried wax no go....so i guess if i can find some never dull ill try that i should have read the bottle where it says not to apply to aluminum...dummy me ill admit it, but in my own defense we used to use this stuff to clean boatlifts all the time aluminum ones to and it never did this....guess i shouldnt have been cheap and got the simple green....

100_5757.jpg
100_5756.jpg
100_5755.jpg
100_5754.jpg
100_5753.jpg
100_5752.jpg

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
wow thats immaculate jay

Rumblebee#2331

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ive had good luck with black magic aluminum polish they have it at lowes near the truck boxes

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
I second the motion , go to lowes or my house to do mine !! lol.

jimtete

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8.3 liter V-10
Hey Jay ......... looking sweet Bud ...... tip; paint the ugly white jugs black and get a fancy cover, and get rid of the yellow ones. Really dresses up the engine bay. After the way you cleaned it up should look Superior ......... if ya know what I mean ..... imo

like these
TOTM-8.jpg

Jim

jimtete

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8.3 liter V-10
You can also get inexpensive dress up covers for Raddiator and Fuse box in Ram styling to finish things off ..... Fun spending your money jay ....... lol

Jim

shadow11

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005, 2009
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Every time I wash my truck i just wipe down the engine so I don't have to spend hours cleaning it. If you just wipe it down every couple weeks it stays really clean.

johnnysart

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Great work Jay, looks even cleaner than mine. I've used never dull on my rims and it works really well.

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
so whats the secret? i treat my engine bay like a rotisserie, set it and forget it. the only time i pop the hood is for pm; oil changes, cleaning air filter, etc. its filthy in there

OP
OP
B

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
It looks real good clean, I try to wipe it down every so often but sometimes I get slack and yall can't say you don't, but I know right now I prolly got the cleanest