Clicking noise after startup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DDean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Started doing this yesterday and my explanation of it is kind of vague so i apologize.

When the vehicle is started i back out of the driveway and start to drive, under acceleration it SOUNDS like this obnoxious clicking sound coming through the AC vents. It'll do this when i accelerate for a little bit then goes away. Won't do it again for the rest of the day, once the truck has sat overnight and is cold started the next morning it'll do it again and go away. Any idea as to what this could be or where i should start looking?

OP
OP
DDean

DDean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sound hasnt occured today but sounds like someone put playing cards in bicycle spokes if anyone knows what im talking about

RonJon '06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 1985
Engine
6.7, 360
I would drop the fan motor below the glovebox and check to see if the recirculation door has broken loose. It's simple to do and only takes about 10 minutes. Sounds like something could be rubbing on the fan.

OP
OP
DDean

DDean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hasnt done it since i made this post. Odd..