code p0732

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dwill300

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L
I have a 2008 3.7 with about 140k miles. I have been getting this code off and on for a while now. Last time was resolved with topping off the trans fluid and I did that about 8 months ago.

Today the light came back on after the transmissions slipped with the code p0732. Has anyone dealt with this before? I'm hoping it's an easy fix as I can't afford any transmission work or a new vehicle for that matter at this time :/

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Does it slip going into 2nd? Out of the 140K has the trans fluid ever been changed?

OP
OP
D

dwill300

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L
Does it slip going into 2nd? Out of the 140K has the trans fluid ever been changed?

Doesn't slip every time, but when it does, it's when the truck isn't all the way warmed up and when I turn through an intersection after braking, then accelerating. It also does it when I am leaving my parking garage alot more than normal. I'm guessing because 1- it isn't warm yet and 2- because it is changing from 1 to 2 alot when going down the ramp and slowing down, etc.

The fluid was changed 2 1/2 to 3 years ago, around 90k-100k miles. Can't remember exactly. It only happened one other time after the fluid was changed a little over a year ago and seemed to have been fixed by adding a qt of fluid. I don't ever see any leaks where I park at my house and there are no stains on the ground. Maybe it is leaking as I go down the road?

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Possible Crack in case would make it leak when moving. It doesn't take much to for something burn up with the fluid being low and driving on it. Do you know if the person that changed the fluid dropped the pan and checked the bottom for particles?

OP
OP
D

dwill300

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L
I don't know if they did or not. It was changed at a jiffy lube type place and I don't really remember much other than it was done lol.

I read somewhere that changing the input and output speed sensors could fix it, but if the problem is recurring, would it even be worth trying that?

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Well... Jiffy Lube type places usually don't care about anything, but profit in my experience. If they didn't clean the pan and there were particles in the bottom it might as well not been changed, but that's back then.

As far as the speed sensors are concerned, the only one that I've seen the most trouble out of is the one in top of the rear diff. The code you're getting is for 1st to 2nd shift so I'm thinking dirty fluid.

OP
OP
D

dwill300

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L
Thanks for info. I will try and change the fluid or have it changed somewhere that knows what they are doing. If all else fails, I guess it's new car time.