Damn squeeking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kajunboy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
so, lets start it out by what happened. saterday night, a rice rocket with a burnt headlight decided to only use the brights everywhere he went and made the mistake of getting so close that i couldnt see him. really pissed me off, and he passed like 6 people to get to me.... so, when he went to pass me up, me, being the ass that i am, made sure that he couldnt. 4.7>honda civic... anyway, we raced for a while... then i decided i wanted to go to Cabellas... went over a speed bump at about 10.. and now my front passengers side is squeaking like crazy... thought, well, may be ball joint or rod end... started squeeling when i turned any direction and squeaking with any little bump.. went to my mechanic friend, i turned the wheel for him while he was under the truck and he said it sounded like it was coming from my rack and pinion and that i might have a busted boot... we put it on his lift, and the wheels and hub are still tight so that seems to me like it ruled out balljoint.. so i sprayed EVERYTHING i saw that moved with aerokroil.. IT WORKED... for a few hours...

squeaking again bad..

anyone have ANY ideas?? someone said that my coil might not be seated right?

OP
OP
kajunboy89

kajunboy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
can that screw **** up if i dont get it fixed right away? plan on spraying white lithium tomorrow or just putting grease on anything that moved.

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
do you have Zerk fittings? If so dont use the white lithium grease, especially on your bushings...it is more meant for metal to metal surfaces...get you a grease gun and some Valvoline Durablend grease, so it wont wash out when wet...

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Do one thing at a time to narrow down the squeak. If you shoot everything you can't isolate the problem. It's unlikely a spring has jumped, but you could have wedged a piece of gravel in with the spring and is making noise. Hell, if all else fails go hit the speed bump again and see what happens.. good luck, squeaks drive me nuts....

mikewayne

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1 YA RIGHT
probably the bushes or the axle.... this need a normal check up not a big issue... check for the shockups for greasing... it also sounds the same!!!

OP
OP
kajunboy89

kajunboy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
so i woke up this morning to go to work, no squeaking... got to work, jumped all over, rocked the truck.. and nothing
me thinks the aerokroil had time to penetrate??

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Excellent....