Died while driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlennon79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Two nights ago I was driving home and the truck just died! It is a 05 hemi 4x4. There was no warning signs it just died all lights stayed on but I did notice all gauges dropped. I popped the hood and looked all around nothing looked wrong and no engine lights popped on. It will crank and sometimes sounds like it wants to fire but doesn't! Looking for any thoughts I can get incase it's something I can fix otherwise I'm lost and about ready to take it to the shop! Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Thundervee

Reaction score
Ram Year
98, 05
Engine
5.9 Gas 5.7 hemi
Cycle they key on and off three times and see if there was a code set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
you need to check for codes.

Mpotatoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L hemi
I had the same problem happen to me. It ended up being the fuel pump, so i got it replaced and haven't had an issue since

Ian_Olivas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L Magnum
This exact thing just happened to me yesterday and I'm stumped it was happening earlier but the truck would start when I hit gas but now it won't at all

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As stated by others, you have to scan for codes.

When mine happened, it was the Crank Shaft and Cam Shaft Position Sensors... <$100 DIY and was good.

jhosler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 4.7
When this happened to me, it ended up being a bad throttle position sensor

ChryslerTech5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
Simple test to confirm it is or not a fuel problem would be to shoot some starter fluid or TB cleaner while someone is cranking the motor if it starts when it would before you have a fuel problem

ayesijuan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Two nights ago I was driving home and the truck just died! It is a 05 hemi 4x4. There was no warning signs it just died all lights stayed on but I did notice all gauges dropped. I popped the hood and looked all around nothing looked wrong and no engine lights popped on. It will crank and sometimes sounds like it wants to fire but doesn't! Looking for any thoughts I can get incase it's something I can fix otherwise I'm lost and about ready to take it to the shop! Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Same thing happened to me but mine restarted. It happened a couple of times but I think it is because i put premium in it. After I filled with regular it hasn't happened since.:favorites13:

Kelvinparker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine used to spontaneously die but would start up again. Found out Hemi doesn't like regular. They take mid grade. It's in your manual. Even states they can lose power from regular or premium fuels.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio