Differential oil change advise please.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr. Thinghuus

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 mega cab
Engine
Hemi 5,7
Hi guys.

Just became a member in here. I´m the happy owner of a 1500 Mega cab 4x4, that I imported from US to Denmark/Europe. (There is almost none of them overhere.)
Since the dealership, and I can´t figure out when the truck had the oils changed last, I wanna replace them all. (transmission, transfercase, and diff. front and rear.)
QUESTION IS: Everywere I look on the internet, people says about filling the rear axle: "fill to the bottom of the fill hole". But I´m concerned that, that would leat into fluid leaking out in my breaks, since the cover of my truck has a line on it saying: "Fluid Level". Is it because it´s a mega cab ?

What would be the correct amount ? Please.

OP
OP
M

Mr. Thinghuus

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 mega cab
Engine
Hemi 5,7
Here´s the pic of my cover.

Attachments

• IMG_4430.jpg
    IMG_4430.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 62

aheeejd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Yes just did mine, pull cover, or use suction tool to suck fluid out & refill to bottom of hole, that black rubbery plug. My 03 took roughly 2.5 quarts. Don't worry about that break line, or fluid leaking to your breaks. Rear end has seals etc

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Like stated above just fill to the hole if a lil comes out just let it run out til no more then put the plug back in

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check if you have a limited slip rear axle, if so, you'll need the limited slip friction modifier. Get the Mopar stuff