Disable Automatic AC When Defrosting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarkV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum V8 NOW with Moose Power
How can i Disable Automatic AC When Defrosting? It seems to be useless in the winter up here. I found this: disable the Ram automatic AC with defrostBut it is for second gens... I want to make it non-automatic when i defrost the windshield.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Disconnect the compressor lead. All vehicles pretty much since the late 90's engage the AC compressor to dry out the air for the defroster. Mine works very well, makes me think your has other issues. But it's your truck, if you want to subvert the way it was designed to work, go for it.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Disconnect the compressor lead. All vehicles pretty much since the late 90's engage the AC compressor to dry out the air for the defroster. Mine works very well, makes me think your has other issues. But it's your truck, if you want to subvert the way it was designed to work, go for it.

Absolutely correct- the ac needs to cycle while the defrost is on to de-humidify the air to increase the speed of defrosting. It is also good for the system as it exercises the ac system rather than having long periods of non-use.