Dry gas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Anyone use this stuff on a regular basis in the winter month's? It seems harder and harder to keep the truck full of fuel, so that in itself welcomes moisture into the tank. Whats the frequency if and when you use dry gas too eleviate any problems.:birgits_tiredcoffee

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
I've never ever heard of it...if you have a problem with getting moisture in your tank ad a little iso alcohol to your tank....

The fuel system dryer we make at work is nothing but iso alcohol...

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
I believe it's a methenol additive too mix with the water left in the tank (from condensation) Allowing it too burn and not freeze in the fuel line.

SafetyGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 1500 4X4
Engine
4.7L
I live in ND and have never used it!! don't know that ive ever had a problem with this

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
well, the alcohol will take care of that too...we also make a "Fuel Line Antifreeze"...again, it is mostly iso alcohol...

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
well, the alcohol will take care of that too...we also make a "Fuel Line Antifreeze"...again, it is mostly iso alcohol...

I know it's an alcohol dirivitive, whether it's iso, methanol, or ethenol. I rcan tell ya I have a case of it in the cellar.lol. too lazy too check on it.lmao. I'll get off my ass and see for sure thou, laundry needs changing anyways.lol.

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
We call it Gas Line antifreeze (methyl-hydrate I think) and it comes in a small sixpack for about 6 Bucks. If you live East of the Great Lakes then Its prolly moistureville, and if it is below say -5 F then you should add a small can every fill and never allow your tank below 1/2 in the Winter thats when you get the condensation. Out here in the west of Canada it is not required, even at -40 never had an issue in any of my vehicles, down East I used it after getting my first frozen line back in 1990 (Fuel Injection).

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
laundry is done, it's metnanol btw. Yeah the more humidity the more the problem exists imo.

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
Sounds like a problem that needs more attention than what comes in a bottle...have you had your tank inspected to see if any clamps are loose...or something like that?

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
No I have no issue's this is puely a preventative measure. Because of the weather temperature extremes coinciding with the relative humidity. Oh and it's methanol, just read the bottle. lol.

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
ohhh okay..I am better understanding you now..I kind of thought you were already getting condensation in your tank...

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
so cold weather puts water in your gas???? I dont understand this one

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is kind of a made up problem from the anti-ethanol lobby. Water in the fuel is only a problem if you leave fuel sitting for several months on end (like happens to boats over the winter). If you are running through as little as a tank a month, you will have no issues. Even two months, is probably no issue on a small tank like our trucks have.

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
so cold weather puts water in your gas???? I dont understand this one
I'll explai after I comment below.
This is kind of a made up problem from the anti-ethanol lobby.

no this is a science problem, Simple condensation from warm days and cool nights creates moisture on the walls of anything outside. Usually where there is humidity. Last night here in the north east, it was particularly colder than usual. That coolness produced frost on everything in contact with the air at that temperature. Because there was humidity present that humidity changed too water which froze on everything and anything. Including the inside of our gas tanks. Now the water is extracted from the air, is frozen on the inside walls of the tanks and when it warms stays as water and not back too water vapor. Well that water will refreeze and clog any fuel line. Dosen't matter what brand of vehicle, lobbiest, politician, mtbe/ethenol, It happens. just like darwins theory of natural selection, gravity,Hell even when I took a **** this morning, it happens. :Violin:

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No, it's not. It's a made up problem that uses pseudo science. Ethanol laced gas takes a very long time to absorb enough water to make a difference. If your fuel needed a stabilizer it would come with one from the refinery.

My truck often sits over the winter and I never have problems with water in the tank. Likewise, my boat has a 60 gallon tank that gets stored with less than ten gallons of gas. It fires up every spring.

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^^Makes sense froggy

I dont understand where the water inside the tank is coming from, If everything is sealed tight like it should be there should be no water to form condensation, there should be no water vapor in your tank to cool off to begin with.

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
We
are gonna have too agree too disagree on this one, You ask any mechanic he'll tell ya the same thing, Better yet get one of them ol ones with grey hair / b-4 ethenol was even thought of as a mixture. I got one, wiki how long gas line anti freeze has been around. Point is I learned this the first winter I was driving, Way before your lobbying group dreamed up this scheme, I'm not saying it didn't happen, Them greedy ******** prolly did do what you said. I dunno, All i do know is dry gas is/was here for water in the tank, due too condensation. Mtbe was taken out do too concerns over the odor/and pcb's connected too cancer. You believe what you want, but which one of us has been around a little longer than the ethenol lobbyists? Thanks btw. I'm gonna be nice an warm stewing over this one. Night work blows ecspecially when outside....

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
^^^Makes sense froggy

I dont understand where the water inside the tank is coming from, If everything is sealed tight like it should be there should be no water to form condensation, there should be no water vapor in your tank to cool off to begin with.

you're right...condensation should only form when there is a weak link in the system, causing it to form...unless the there is water present in the fueling station tanks that he purchases fuel from.