Dry gas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
^^^Makes sense froggy

I dont understand where the water inside the tank is coming from, If everything is sealed tight like it should be there should be no water to form condensation, there should be no water vapor in your tank to cool off to begin with.

Take a clear jar seal it up tight on a muggy day with a little fuel on the bottom, now put it in the freezer, See what happens....now after it's cold. take it out, and bring back too warm temperature voila! water in the jar, never opened. Amazing.

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
I rest my case!!!

Cristy Corporation

260 Authority Drive
Fitchburg, MA 01420
Tel: 978-343-4330
Fax: 978-345-1784
[email protected]
[email protected]

History
Cristy pioneered the idea of a gasoline system antifreeze and developed the product known as DRYGAS® in 1942. In fact, the name DRYGAS® is a Cristy trademark. Cristy is the original and only DRYGAS®! It created the market for all gasoline system antifreezes.

The idea for Cristy DRYGAS®, the gas line antifreeze, was born on a bus between Boston and Worcester.

On a cold winter’s night in 1942, a salesman for a Worcester retail store was riding in a bus along Route 9 to Boston when suddenly the bus came to a stop for no apparent reason. Asked the nature of the trouble by perplexed passengers, the bus driver explained that the sub-freezing temperatures had caused the gas line to clog.

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The water comes from water vapor cindensating out of the air.

The real question is, "Is the amount of moisture that is formed significant enough to cause a problem?"

The answer is no. Modern vehicles only have problems when sitting for several months. A simple trip around the block will quickly mix in the teaspoon or so of water that forms. Your engine will burn this without issue.

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
And in case anybody hadn't noticed.... Our trucks were not made in 1942.

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
The biggest problem I can see coming from condensation exposure is sediment forming in the bottome of your tank...however, it would all depend on how your tank is constructed...

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We
are gonna have too agree too disagree on this one, You ask any mechanic he'll tell ya the same thing, Better yet get one of them ol ones with grey hair / b-4 ethenol was even thought of as a mixture. I got one, wiki how long gas line anti freeze has been around. Point is I learned this the first winter I was driving, Way before your lobbying group dreamed up this scheme, I'm not saying it didn't happen, Them greedy ******** prolly did do what you said. I dunno, All i do know is dry gas is/was here for water in the tank, due too condensation. Mtbe was taken out do too concerns over the odor/and pcb's connected too cancer. You believe what you want, but which one of us has been around a little longer than the ethenol lobbyists? Thanks btw. I'm gonna be nice an warm stewing over this one. Night work blows ecspecially when outside....

Agreeing to disagree has nothing to do with it. You're wrong and you just don't know it. I don't need a gray haired mechanic to give me answer to this. I have lived in plenty of cold places and I have NEVER had gas freeze in a modern vehicle with a pressurized fuel system. Also, why would a mechanics opinion about antiquated gas be relevant to modern fuel?

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
i just use a 50/50 gas/antifreeze mix every fill up. def no ice build up in my tank!

sorry...thought i'd add some humor to the thread
LOL....you could always find a Marina that sells ethanol free gasoling and fuel up there...if you really believe it has something to do with ethanol...and if you think it is a problem now with 10% Ethanol, imagine how much of a problem it will be when the EPA goes 15%...

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Glad i live in florida and dont have to worry about this ****.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Modern cars will not have an issue but the small engines I work on everyday hate it. A teaspoon of water in a 1 gallon 2 cycle comtainer will completly eff over a 50:1 small engine. If theres an opening the ethonal will absorb in the moisture from the air... only way I can think it would harm any of our stuff is Leaving the cap off and door open for a month.