Electrical connector wtf

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemi5speed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How do you undo this connection? There are no push tabs and it looks like the metal pin holds it in. I pryed on it some but felt like I'd break it if I went more.

93D390D2-71ED-4424-8559-652860DA6EDC_zpsxxzvimoe.jpg

This connects the air bag or horn (not sure which) to the steering column

RonJon '06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 1985
Engine
6.7, 360
I think that connection is permanent and you need to disconnect the other (yellow) end that attaches to the airbag. Also, supposed to have the battery disconnected and wait a few minutes for the capacitor to discharge.

Harley Harrold

USAF Ret. 36+ years service
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I think that connection is permanent and you need to disconnect the other (yellow) end that attaches to the airbag. Also, supposed to have the battery disconnected and wait a few minutes for the capacitor to discharge.

I agree, if you do not disconnect the battery and allow several minutes to go by, the air bag could deploy which is deadly!

OP
OP
Hemi5speed

Hemi5speed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
After giving up on that end I did undo the other end. The reason I was hoping to undo it at that end was my repair manual had a picture with an arrow indicating to undo it right there. I guess it varies some by year