Esp and Bas Light are on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

howard49

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 4.7
I have a 2008 dodge ram 1500 4.7, my esp and bas warning lights are on i have tried replacing wheel sensors(i have replaced front and rear didn't work). I heard that air in the brakes could cause the light bleed all of the calipers and put fresh brake fluid in still the light is on. I have scanned the truck numerous times and i come up with a C121E code brake pressure sensor comparative. I'm running out of ideas and would like to get this problem solved. Thanks

RonJon '06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 1985
Engine
6.7, 360
Have you replaced the brake pressure/light switch located behind the brake pedal? Its a $10-15 part and could cause that code. If your brakes are working normally and you're just getting the warning lights then that could be the problem.

OP
OP
H

howard49

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 4.7
I will try that abs still works so hopefully this will be the problem I'm hoping it's not the abs module. Thanks for the help

OP
OP
H

howard49

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 4.7
I replaced the brake light switch still the lights are on!! Im not sure what else to do to fix this problem.

RonJon '06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 1985
Engine
6.7, 360
Here is a list of probable causes I found online:

1) Incorrect brake pedal adjustment
2) Master cylinder malfunction
3) Brake booster malfunction
4) Incorrect installation position of stop lamp switch
5) Malfunction of stop lamp switch
6) Brake drag
7) ASC-ECU malfunction

Although it seems like a long shot brake drag could be caused by a stuck brake caliper. Maybe check the vacuum line to the brake booster.

Last edited: