evap chime

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
My son's 07 Ram 1500 with a hemi has the evap / gas cap chime always going off every single time it is started. The truck has a lot of miles and we will not be keeping it for much longer, so I am not at all interested in spending $500 on it to fix the evap crap. The truck runs fine and gets good gas mileage so I highly doubt it is affecting anything much. The gas cap is fairly new so it isn't that. But, I do want to disable the dinger because it is very annoying. Is it as simple as cutting a wire under the dash?

OP
OP
HLram

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
fairly new cap and i lubed it up the other day with no luck. I appreciate the response thanks alot. Maybe some spray foam around the "chimer" hahahaha

chedched

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Have you had the code read? Does it have a check engine light on also?

I've seen cars build up rust on the fuel filler neck where the fuel cap tries to form a seal. This usually happens on older cars/trucks but it is worth a look.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
It is very common for the plastic clamps to break and fall off and often develop leaks on the evap system. Take look I'm sure you will find more than one missing.